Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tuck update

Today we were back at Texas children's again for our long awaited appointment with our GI. She has been with us from the beginning and is awesome!! She was on maternity leave for the last three months, so we were anxious to see her today. Luckily, she has been in contact with our immunologist so she is in the know and had just spoken to her and had a list of things she wanted to take care of. These two doctors have been amazing and truly a blessing to us. They communicate very well and are truly working hard to help us and sweet tuck. I have been praying for the right doctors and staff and know that God is placing them in our path. Ok on to the info. I got a lot again today and of course was prepared with my arsenal of questions, as usual:) I will try to condense the info I received today, please excuse me if I'm wordy and my grammar is not up to par;)

First of all, she told me that they wanted to do an endoscopy as soon as possible (which we already knew), but that after talking with immunology they also want to do a full colonoscopy as well. Apparently, with the disease they are looking into it is common to have inflammation there as well. So they scheduled it for two weeks from now, which is also the same week that his iron infusion is to take place, if needed. We also have to do a lot of prep the day before and he will be on a clear liquid diet for 24 hours. Not looking forward to that since milk is his favorite. The next thing she said was that they both agreed that he needs to see an endocrinologist. Reason being, he is not growing in length the way he should and they are a little concerned. They want to make sure he doesn't have some sort of hormonal defect or something. She said he is just a complex case so they want to make sure and cover all the bases. One of the better pieces of info was that he is gaining weight well and eating better so they are cutting back on some of his overnight feeds. We were also given several new meds including a new antibiotic to help to protect his immune system. Like I said, I was given a lot of information, so this is the gist of it. For now we wait. We will have a busy week coming up, but hopefully it will give us more answers. We don't have 'the' answer yet, but I feel like we are on the right path and that God is placing the right people in our path.

Overall, tucker is actually doing really well. He is getting closer to walking and really talking up a storm these days:) he is developing quite the personality. His favorite words are yea and no! :) he is eating more and continuously gaining weight. I am so thankful for these improvements, now if only we could get 'the' answer.

It's hard not to have fear and feel like our life is in complete chaos, but I have to remember who is really in control and put all our trust in Him. Only then do I feel some peace:) please continue to pray for our boy. Thank you all! I came across this verse during my quiet time yesterday and felt it was great to share:

"Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
1thessalonians 5:16-18




My sweet tuck was in a good mood today! Thanks to my mom for coming with me today:)

Thanks for stopping by.

Love and blessings,
Traci

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...