Monday, January 31, 2011
Well after a night of awfulness and a few long naps today, I'm happy to report we are all feeling much better! Needless to say, I spent the better part of today cleaning, washing and disinfecting everything in our house! so here's to a healthy week!
On a lighter note, I received tripp's birthday invitations in the mail today! So excited to get them ready and sent out in a couple weeks! Can't believe he's almost one!
Below are some fun pictures pre-sickness:) enjoy!
Monday, January 24, 2011
getting some exercise...pushing barstools around the kitchen
Friday, January 21, 2011
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Our little munchkin has been one busy little boy these days! He keeps us on our toes for sure! He has been learning so many new things. Here are a few things I forgot to add to the 10 month post:
- can clap his hands...we say "clap, clap, clap!" and "yay"
- likes to bang on things with his hands...we say "pat, pat, pat" his favorite thing to pat is the toilet!
- waves bye bye and hi
- likes to dance by moving his arms up and down...especially to mickey mouse
- likes to shake everything he holds...especially if it rattles
- laughs and smiles all the time!
- is so animated and has such a precious personality!
We can't believe how much he changes everyday. He will be 1 year old in a few short months! I have already started planning his 1st birthday bash! We have been having so much fun with him. I enjoy taking him to participate in different activities and hang out with other babies his age. Our faves include library storytime and bible study playdates! Soon we will be starting some mommy/baby swimming lessons!
We had a great weekend full of nothing! It was so great because this is the first weekend we haven't had something planned since like september! We had lots of great family time. We even slept in on saturday then woke up, had breakfast and went for a family bike ride. Later we went and had dinner with chad, brenden and precious graham. It was so much fun! Today we spent the day watching church online, running errands and most importantly we finally finished cleaning out a room we are making into a playroom! it was a very relaxing but productive weekend:)
Below are some recent pictures of tripp. Enjoy!!
"hmm...what is under here?"
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
LOVE these guys!
John and me
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
- has become quite the daddy's boy
- loves to grab on to and hang on cabinet doors and tables
- walks all around pushing his walker
- has become quite the speedy little crawler
- is starting to learn what "NO" means....will pause but still do naughty things anyways;)
- still has one single little tooth, but is teething and having trouble sleeping:(
- eats table food and prefers it over baby food
- loves to feed himself
- wants to eat whatever mommy and daddy are eating...will come over to us and open his mouth...reminds us of a little baby bird:)
- does not like having his diaper changed ( i have learned to change it while he's standing up/crawling)
- is VERY active
- loves to get into cabinets
- is super close to walking...any day now!
- loves his ball pit and takes head dives into it!
- takes 2 naps a day
- has started trying to take clothes off, especially while eating (this little boy likes to be in just his diaper)
- is wearing 18-24 months
- size 4 diapers
- loves yogurt
- loves to watch tv
- likes when daddy plays rough with him, thinks its hilarious!
- likes to read books
- talks alot...says "bababa" and "mamama"
As you can tell we have been very busy at our house with this active little boy! He is even starting to to try to climb on top of his toys to get to other things....makes this mommy very nervous! Boy am I in for a treat with a little boy! Tripp loves his daddy! He has become such a daddy's boy and wants to be with him all the time! As soon as carl walks in the door from work tripp practically jumps out of my arms to get to his daddy. It's so precious, but i'm not ready for my little boy to want his daddy more;) Tripp and I are so blessed to have carl...he's a wonderful hubby and daddy! Tripp is also very close to walking. He can stand on his own for a few seconds and walks all around while puching his walker and holding on to a couch or ottoman. His favorite is when mommy and daddy hold his hands and can get going! He definitely likes to move fast! Tripp also loves to read books. He will even pull them off the shelf himself and sit quietly while flipping through the pages. He especially loves his animal books.
tripp still loves to be outside and sometimes when he is fussy but can't fall asleep I will take him outside, bundle him in a blanket and swing with him on our porch swing. I probably enjoy it more than he does;) but it almost always puts him right to sleep! It's such a precious moment with my little boy! He is growing up so fast and already wanting to be with his daddy all the time so I am going to cherish those moments!! :)
well, thanks for stopping by! we hope all have a wonderful week!! We wish many blessings to all. We will update again real soon:)
love and blessings,
traci and tripp