Friday, August 2, 2013

Faith


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1

Times have been so crazy lately. I literally feel like my head is spinning. It's time like these we are drawn closer to God. I've always had a strong faith, but I don't think I've ever felt closer to God than I do right now. I decided a couple weeks ago to go to the christian bookstore and pick out a new study to do. With all the chaos in my life I knew I needed to get into the word daily. I went to the store with both boys, they were both acting crazy so I grabbed a book sort of blindly because I didn't have time to read descriptions. I was in the Beth Moore section, whom I love, so I knew it had to be good:) little did I know God literally placed it into my hands. A good friend of mine, told me she had done the study I had picked and said it was life changing. She was so right and I'm only on week two. So many days has God spoken to me through this study. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the floor on my knees praising and being thankful. Perhaps the biggest lesson coming across for me is faith. I consider myself faithful and I'm a believer, but when your child is sick you want tangible answers from a tangible source. Sure I pray about it, but ultimately I want the doctors to tell me what to do and want them to heal him. I've come to realize I have it all wrong. I'm asking the wrong healers. I need to be asking God for healing and for answers. If we ask we shall receive, we just have to believe. It.is.hard. Even for a believer, especially when your child is the one in question. But God has been speaking to me loud and clear. He is who I will turn to and I know it is He who will lead us in the right direction with the right doctors and it is He who will heal my baby. I believe it. Sometimes God allows obstacles in our life so that we are forced to turn to Him and to strengthen our faith. That last sentence sounds harsh but it is not. Our God is a loving and faithful God and I'm so thankful he has opened my eyes the way he has. I've always had a strong faith and been a true believer but my faith is only getting stronger. I felt compelled to share this, I feel better than I have in a while. Sure, I still worry and still pray for positive results, but I know it's in God's hands and I need to take peace in that. Please continue to pray for our Sweet tucker and for his mommy;) God is really hearing us. Thank you all! And thank you for reading my long wordy post;)
I will close with a few cute pics from today. We went swimming at my dad's house and coach even joined in on the fun! Have a great weekend all:)
















Love and blessings,
Traci


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...