Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend 2013

We had a nice father's day weekend. Friday night we had a laid back night. Carl and I had a date night in, we had some fajitas and margaritas:) Saturday, Carl had to work for a few hours so the boys and I went over to my mom's house. My sister and her boys were in town, so we took some donuts over and celebrated my sister's birthday, which was on saturday. Tripp got to play with his cousins and I got to chat with my mom and sisters. When Carl got home, he took over with the boys and I got ready for the day with my mom and sisters to really celebrate my sister. Our tradition for birthdays is usually lunch and shopping and sometimes a movie too:) We went and had a great lunch and did some shopping. It was a much needed day out for me:) I got home early evening and spent the rest of the evening hanging with my boys:) Sunday we celebrated carl. Unfortunately, we didn't get to celebrate with our dads. My dad was super busy and will have to celebrate another weekend and carl's dad had plans with carl's brother. We tried to get everybody together to celebrate coach, but it didn't work out:( oh well, at least we tried;) Anywho, we spent the day celebrating our super man:) Carl has always been an amazing husband and my best friend. I always knew he would be a good dad, I just didn't know how great until we had our boys. He is such a hands on dad. To say he is amazing with our boys would be an understatement. They are so very blessed to have a man like him to look up to. I fall more in love with carl everyday, especially when I see him caring for and playing with our boys. We are more than proud to call him ours! Thank you honey for all you do! Thank you for being strong when I can't:) We love you more than words can say!!
 
 
Ok, enough with the sappy words;) Just needed to recognize our wonderful hubby/daddy! Like I said Sunday was Carl's day! And even though it was his day, he let me sleep in! Like I said before, amazing man:) We spent the day together, had lunch, went swimming, and made a special dinner just for him! It was a great day:) We had a great weekend and are looking forward to celebrating our dads too! Ok, here are a few pictures, enjoy!
 

 
 
 
 tripp sliding at the pool
 
 carl trying to explain to tripp that we have to wait to get back into pool (adult swim time)
 
 I got to lay out for a bit!  (thanks mom for watching tuck:)
 
airplane!
 
 fun times:)
 
 sisters:)
 
cheers!
 
 a tub of beans, provides hours of entertainment and fun on hot summer days! I'm thinking about getting a bigger tupperware or a baby pool to fill with beans!
 
 
On another note, Our Aunt Janelle was recognized as one of the 75 diamonds of Klein ISD in honor of their 75th anniversary. This was a huge honor and we were very proud of her! Since we weren't able to go to the "diamonds and denim gala" this past friday, we celebrated her last weekend with a cake and some dinner:) Way to go aunt janelle!
 
 coach and aunt janelle before the gala:)
 
celebrating aunt janelle, tripp insisted on singing happy birthday! haha
 
 
Thank you all for stopping by! Hope all you daddys out there had a great day too:) Please say a prayer for tuck this morning, we have to go get some blood work done, hopefully only a finger prick! Thanks and have a blessed week:)
 
 
Love and Blessings,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...