Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tired

Tired about sums up the mood around here. Tuck already has not been sleeping well and poor Tripp has come down with a virus of some sort and has also been up a lot. So needless to say I am exhausted! But not just physically, mentally as well.

On to tucker. So yesterday we had his gastric emptying scan (i will explain results further down) and some more labs drawn. Apparently after our doctor talked with the hematology doctor down at Texas children's he decided he wanted more labs and wanted their team to analyze them and decide if they need to see us. This is so scary to me. We all know what they are looking for, the scary C-word. I am praying this is just another avenue they can rule out. My doctor, his attending and the general reaction of the hematologist think this cell count and immature white blood cells are his normal reaction to a virus. But I'm sure given the circumstances and the fact that he is an enigma, they want to look more in depth, which I'm ok with. Tucker had been running fever at least once a night for the past three nights, but Tripp has also been sick so this could very well be a virus in our house. In the past, and even during the time of his lethargy, tucker wasn't known to run a lot of fevers, just a few here and there so hopefully these are a result of a reaction to this virus. I'm calling it a virus because yesterday I ended up having to come back from downtown and take both boys to our doctor. Tuck had to go to check his blood count and Tripp needed to go because I wanted to make sure he didn't have strep. Well he didn't and the doctor just said it was a virus and would run its course. So we had another sleepless night last night:(

So the results of the gastric scan, our GI doc has not called with official results but I did ask our pediatrician to take a peek and see if the results were up. He did and come to find out, he does have a gastric emptying delay. Which basically means that his stomach is not draining at the rate it should at his age. So this can lead him to feel full and not feel hungry, etc. from what I understand this can be treated with medication and over time as the digestive system matures, it should get better on its own. So the hope is, once the medication starts working maybe he will be more motivated by his hunger to swallow. We shall see.

As for everything else, we wait. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from our pediatrician once he hears from hematology and they decide what we need to do next with them if anything. We go back to our pediatrician next week for a follow up on his white blood cell count and for me to ask a lot more questions;) we also have an EVAL with a speech pathologist who specializes in feeding. And of course all of our other therapy appointments, etc. it's exhausting on so many levels, but it's my job.

I want to thank all of our wonderful family and friends for all your help, support, texts, emails, meals, etc. I cannot express our gratitude in words. And please forgive me if I don't get a chance to get back to you right away, I'm trying but some days are more challenging than others and I just plain don't have the energy as crazy as that sounds! I appreciate you all and love all calls, texts, emails etc:)
A special thank you to my mom, my sisters, my dad, aunt janelle, and my father in law (who's birthday is today! We love you coach and I owe you a celebration and blog post dedication) for all their help watching Tripp and helping me keep my sanity through it all. We are blessed beyond words with the best family and friends!

So please continue to pray for tucker and all of us. Thank you all so much! I will update again when I know more.

A good friend sent me this today and its so true:

If you have faith when you pray, you will be given whatever you ask for -Matthew 21:22



Tuck was such a trooper at his scan yesterday, he was taped down to that little bed for an hour and a half



Happy boy today!



Poor Tripp doesn't feel well:/ don't see him laying around very often!

Thanks for stopping by:)

Love and blessings,
Traci

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...