Monday, August 8, 2011

Crazy weekend

We had a crazy, but fun weekend this past weekend and most importantly we have been through 2 more nights of the "big boy" bed! Saturday night was the second night and Carl had to brave it alone! I went to college station for the night for a really fun girls night with some of Carl's sweet family. I had a blast but was worried about my boys. Carl said he did well until about 2 am when Carl got up to find tripp wandering around the house. Apparently Carl didn't shut tripp's door all the way and he figured it out quick;) afterwards they went back to sleep and all seemed to go ok. It was the first night I've ever left tripp with Carl and he did great! I'm sure tripp loved having his daddy all to himself:) Last night went ok, but tripp woke up about every 3 hours or so. The first time he woke up, climbed out of his bed, looked around then climbed back into his bed and went back to sleep. The second and third times he cried a bit got out of bed and back in a few times then went back to sleep. It wasn't too bad and he seems to be catching on. I think it will be just a matter of time before the excitement of being able to get in and out of bed will wear off and he will get back to sleeping through the night in his "big boy" bed! So we are getting a little more successful everyday!

On another note, my pregnancy is moving right along! Tucker is extremely active and seems to move the most at the sound of his daddy and big brother's voices! We finally got the crib set up in tucker's room and I'm starting to feel less anxious about our slow progress with his nursery....at least he has a bed now;) We traveled to baytown yesterday to pick up the crib from my sister and were able to hang out and have lunch with her, my brother in law and nephews. Tripp had a blast and did not want to leave! It was a very busy weekend with lots of excitement and big changes....so needless to say we were all exhausted last night!

Like always, I've rambled enough for one post;) you'll have to excuse me for all the little details, these are just things I want to have documented and be able to look back on one day.

Below are a few pictures Carl sent me while I was away for the night..enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by and hope all have a blessed week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...