Sunday, February 21, 2010

37 weeks!!

So we have arrived at our 37th week of pregnancy! And after the news we got last week about our "biggin" we are soooo ready for him to be here! Here is an update as to what tripp is up to this week:

You're full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

And according to most of the literature out there on babies at 37 weeks, they are about 6 1/2 lbs at this stage, well as most of you know our little guy is weighing in at about 8 lbs. 11oz! I still cannot believe it. Carl and I are hoping that he will decide to come out on his own this week or next! We go to the doctor again on wednesday to discuss our options of possibly inducing next week or maybe even having to schedule a c-section if he is in fact too comfy in there to come on out soon! We will most definitely post an update after wednesday.

This weekend was a good one! Friday night Carl's sweet boss, wife and work collegues threw us a baby shower. They even had mexican food and some of the best petit fors ever!! We received so many great gifts and had such a great time! I wish I had taken some pics of everyone but I didn't :( Needless to say they are all such great people and it was so thoughtful of them to do that for us! Saturday while Carl was busy working in the garage, mom and I went grocery shopping and had lunch which included some fried pickles!! That night my mom baby-sat my nephews, so carl and I went over and had dinner at moms and got to visit with my precious little guys! Today was a rough one for me. I woke up feeling pretty light-headed and sluggish so I spent pretty much all day laying in bed and the recliner. I think the weight of this little guy is starting to take it's toll. Carl meanwhile has been hard at work on a toy chest/bookcase for tripp. It is looking so great and I will post pics as soon as he finishes painting. Carl is so talented!! I'm looking forward to a night of good tv and snuggling up on the couch with my hubby!

This week will probably consist of alot of sitting combined with cleaning (aka: nesting). I will also be getting a much needed mani/pedi to help me be fully prepared for anything! We also have our hospital tour this week, just in time! So hopefully, we will soon be blogging about tripp's arrival into the world. We will of course keep our blog updated with the latest news!

Thanks for checking in with us and so sorry we had no fun pictures this week! We will update again this soon. Hope everyone has a blessed week!

Blessings,
Traci & Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...