Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 12 and another fun weekend :)


Well we have finally reached week 12! The end of the first trimester. Bittersweet, but hopefully I will start feeling tip top again! As always here is a peek at what baby schindewolf is up to this week:



The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce.

I can't believe we are about to move into the second trimester. Time has really flown by, but I am ready to start feeling better and start having more energy.

Well Carl and I had another great weekend. On Friday night we went over to Adam & Jessica's house and had dinner with them and Joshua. Joshua has gotten so big and is super cute! Joshua is usually not eager to be with Carl (even though he loves saying "ka" which is his way of saying Carl) but Carl put him up in a tree in his backyard and he loved it and even liked Carl too ;) It was a fun night. Adam grilled us some yummy steaks. We love spending time with them and can't wait until our babies can play together as well :)

On Saturday while Carl was busy at work on the baby's room, mom and I went to Baytown to see the boys and did a little shopping. We spent quite a bit of time in the motherhood store. I'm lucky to have such a great mom who generously bought me some cute outfits and cute/comfy shirts to wear. This little belly is starting to sprout ;) When I got home home Saturday afternoon I was beat and even fell asleep at 8:30!


This morning Carl and I went to church and then had lunch at our fave spot....SUBWAY ;) I felt like todays message was great and inspiring. Something Pastor Kerry said really stuck with me and I thought I would end with this and leave it for you to ponder. "You never know God is all you need until God is all you have".

Well I hope everyone has a blessed week! Until next time....


blessings,
traci, carl & baby schinde :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...