Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuck: surgery day

Today was tuck's surgery. We arrived at 9:30 am to get registered and checked in for our 11:30 surgery. However, after all the check-in process was done, we were told our doctor was running an hour behind schedule. Tuck was already getting irritable not being able to have his milk, so we knew it was going to be a very long hour! They didn't take tucker back until after 1pm. My mom, Carl and I took turns grabbing lunch then we waited. Carl and I even snoozed for a few minutes. They called us back to recovery around 3 pm. As soon as we walked in, I could hear my baby crying and saying "mama"! I couldn't pick him up fast enough. I rocked him and sat in the same chair for the entire 6 hours we were in there. That's right we had to wait 6 hours until a room became available for us. The nurses were great and were trying hard to get us in a room. They started calling tuck 'mama's boy' because he was so attached to me. They even called the floor we were going to be on and told the nurse to take the crib out because there was no way he would sleep without mama! I of course already knew that based on our previous stay:) so they let me and tuck climb into our bed and they wheeled us both to our room! I felt a little silly but tuck was happy and comfy and that's all that matters:)

The surgery went well and tuck has been in some pain. He is on morphine, so he has been in and out. The greatest blessing in all of this was that the anesthesiologist was able to get all the labs drawn that were ordered by the immunologist and hematologist! We have been waiting on these labs to move forward, but with tuck being such a hard stick it has been impossible. I have been praying they would be able to get them all while under anesthesia and they did!! Praise God! So hopefully this will bring us closer to some answers:)

I am sitting here now with tuck nuzzled close to my side holding onto his new football. We had some really good friends come up to visit and not only did they bring dinner and snacks but a football for tucker, which he will not let go! So cute!! Thank you Reid, Ross, Rachel and Lindsey!!

And thank you to all of you for all your thoughts and prayers. We are feeling them! I get chills and teary eyed thinking about all the texts, emails, Facebook messages and calls from so many! We are literally covered in prayer and it feels great! We are truly blessed and know God will heal our sweet tucker:)

Here are a few pics from the day:

Sweet dreams:)

Will update again soon:)

Love and blessings,

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...