Friday, August 24, 2012

flu shots and family fun


I know that is a weird title for a blog post, but that is what our days have been like the past few. Yesterday we had a fun lunch date at my house with my dad, sisters and all our boys! We have decided that we are going to have a daughter/dad date once a month and this month it just worked better to do a lunch date with the kiddos in tow! Since my lil boys don't do very good in a restaurant my sweet family all came over to my house and my dad brought some yummy barbeque:) We had so much fun eating, chatting and playing! Tripp had so much fun that at naptime he totally passed out!! Unfortunately, we also had a doctor's appointment scheduled so their naps were cut a little short.
 
We had tucker's 9 month check up and had also scheduled both boys for flu shots. Our ped's office also does adult flu shots so carl and I arranged to get ours as well. Hence, the title of the post;) So we packed up the family, carl came home early and we headed to the ped's office. Tucker had a clean bill of health and is a healthy 22 lbs. 9 oz. (85th percentile). He took his flu shot like a champ and only cried for a sec. Tripp was able to get the flu mist in his nose so there was no problem there. I'm a bit of a whimp when it comes to shots, but figured if my 9 month old could do it, so could I! haha. So all in all it was a great visit, minus the fact that tripp was getting into everything and kept turning the lights off during tuck's exam! Fortunately we have an awesome doc who has 3 boys under the age of 5, so it doesn't bother him at all!! After the doc we loaded up once more and headed to cavender's to get daddy some new boots. The boys did great on all our adventures so we rewarded them by stopping by grammy and coach's for a visit before we went home. It was a great day and we love the rare occassions when carl comes home early!! Ok enough chit chat....here are some pics:)
 
 
 
 chief and the boys...best shot i got:)



 everybody wanted to sit by chief
 
 poor guy was worn out
 
playing with his friend max earlier in the week, they kept putting on shoes and running around!
 
 playing at the doc's office
 
 the best part of grocery shopping....buddy bucks!
 
my view at the grocery store...priceless:)
 
just another day at our house:) love my life!!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope all have a great weekend!! Please continue to pray for our grammy!! There is power in prayer and God is really revealing that to us:) Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! make sure and click on the link to the left of this post (click on picture of grammy and boys) and you can read grammy's journal and see what I mean:)
 
 
Love and Blessings,
Traci
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...