Sunday, January 3, 2010

Week 30 and Happy 2010!

Tripp and I: end of week 29


WOW...2010! Can't believe how fast last year flew by! A lot happened in 2009 including finding out we were going to be parents of a little boy! Now we can't wait to see all the blessings in store for us in 2010...including meeting our son and becoming a mom and a dad. Speaking of flying by fast, we are now at week 30! This pregnancy has really been going fast. Here's a little update on what our little man is up to in his development:


Your baby's face looks much like it will when he's born. He still needs to fill out more to get the characteristic chubby infant cheeks, but he's on his way. He can move his head, open his eyes, and make breathing movements through his open nostrils (although no air comes in). As baby's skin smoothes out, his brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. He's also adding some brawn -- his grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.


So much going on with that little guy! We really can't wait to meet him! We have been busy preparing the nursery (and by 'we' I mean Carl;)) Carl has finished the changing table/dresser and it looks amazing! I will post some pictures as soon as we get it in the nursery. Carl also put in some new outlets in order to hang my new tv on the wall! Having that tv will be essential for those many late nights to come;) We have also been busy getting our glider recovered. Like I said, I will be posting pics soon! But perhaps the biggest news of all...we finally decided on a middle name: Tripp Ryder Schindewolf. Carl has really been pushing for ryder, and I was pushing for ryan, but we decided on ryder. Either way I'm glad we have finally made a decision!


Well we had a happy new years. We rang in the new year with adam, jessica and joshua. We grilled burgers and had some yummy snacks and had a good time. My mom and sister even stopped by for some of carl's delicious burgers. Sadly, we did not make it to midnight. Tripp and I were really tired and fell asleep at about 10. I did wake up at midnight to all the fireworks and rolled over to say happy new year to the hubby who was soundly sleeping as well! Wow, we are so exciting! Needless to say we are excited about 2010...especially since we get to meet Tripp! On New Years Day we went over to mom's for a yummy lunch! It's a tradition we've had since we were young. It just wouldn't be New Year's Day without eating lunch at mom's. The rest of the day was spent lazying around....a perfect way to start off the new year;)


Saturday mom, kelly, the boys and I all went and did some shopping and had lunch together. As evident by the cute little pic, we wore poor little jake out! It was just too cute not to post!




Shopping with the girls makes me tired!


We also managed to have some pictures of us taken. I have been wanting to do so before this little boy comes out and graces us with his presence. Carl was a good sport, even though we all know how much he loves getting his picture taken. My talented sister took all the pictures for us! I have posted some of my faves.








Just the two of us...but not for long!



Baby love!






Carl's smiling!




Tripp Ryder Schindewolf


Well it's time to wrap it up and get ready for church! We had an eventful week and weekend. Thanks for catching up with us this week and we hope everyone has a blessed 2010! We will update again real soon!!


Blessings,

Traci & Tripp

1 comment:

  1. Nothing I love better than a sweet, pregnant belly! I love it!!! Makes me want to have another one...maybe. :)

    I love your blog! Congrats on sweet little Tripp Ryder (LOVE the name)!

    ReplyDelete

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...