Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 31 and Happy Birthday MOM!

Mom and her 2 grandsons at lunch

Just wanted to start out today by wishing my awesome mom a very happy birthday! She will always be not only my mom, but my best friend as well!! I am lucky to have her and Tripp will be very lucky to have her for a "YaYa"!

Here we are at week 31! I can't believe we will be seeing our little boy in 8 weeks or less! We can't wait. As usual here is a peek into his development this week:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

According to that information, all I can say is that Tripp seems to be very active and healthy! This little boy loves to jump around the womb. When I notice the most movement is when: 1. He hears his daddy's voice and 2. When I am listening to music. It is such an amazing feeling, I know all you moms out there know exactly what I'm saying! I don't mind that it keeps me up at night! The newest thing I've been feeling is what I am pretty sure is hiccups. At first I wasn't sure what it was but then as I read some of my pregnancy books I realized that hiccups were most likely what I was feeling. Most of the time Carl can feel them on the outside too! Other than that things have been going really well. I get tired really easily and find myself needing more and more "power naps" but other than that I feel good. I think going to the gym and working out helps to give me energy and helps to make me feel better. I am going to continue to do so until I can't anymore! We now start going to the doc every two weeks starting this next week! Can't believe it! I will of course update with any new information!

Carl and I had a fun and relaxing weekend. We went to watch our good friend lance coach his jv basketball team on friday night. It's always fun to watch lance coach! Afterwards we went over to adam and jessica's and hung out for a bit. We got home pretty late which is really rare for us, especially these days;) On saturday I went to Baytown to watch my nephew play basketball. It was entertaining as usual to watch 5/6 year olds play! Saturday night Carl and I spent at home together in our warm house! This morning Carl and I went to church and then went and celebrated my mom's birthday with my family. It was a great day! Carl is outside right now climbing in a tree cutting braches off with a chainsaw, needless to say I am inside the house trying to stay away from the window and witnessing that nerve racking scene!

Well I hope everyone has had an awesome weekend and has a blessed upcoming week! We will be updating again real soon!

Blessings,
Traci & Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...