Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week 16 and oh so fun weekend!









Well here we are at week 16. Time sure is flying by! Here is a glimpse at what our little monkey is up to this week:

Baby's now the size of an avocado! Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean she can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

At any time, you will begin to feel fetal movement as your baby's bones harden, and she starts a big growth spurt. Your baby has plenty of room: At this point, she could fit in the palm of your hand. This is a great time to be a fetus. At any given time, she might be playing with the umbilical cord (which she's now able to grasp), putting her thumb in her mouth, or kicking at the amniotic sac.

Wow, so many new developments! Guess we will be able to start talking to the little girl/guy. We went to the doctor this past week for our 4 week check-up. We were able to hear the strong heartbeat, which never gets old, and we were told that October 21st will be the big day to determine whether we will be having a boy or a girl! I don't think that day can get here soon enough!!

Carl and I had a busy but awesome weekend! Friday night Carl took my mom and I out to eat some seafood which I was badly craving! On Saturday we had such an eventful day. It started out with a baby shower followed by a birthday party for one of my best friend Kelly's nephew. It was so great to see her, her husband and her family! It was a lot of fun and we had plenty of goodies to eat while we were there ;) After the party we headed out to Carl's Uncle Michael's house for some awesome grilled chicken and duck! We had the oppurtunity to spend some time with Adam, Jessica, Wendy, Joe, Erin, Uncle Michael and all the precious kiddos. We got home home pretty late and we were exhausted. All I remember was taking a shower and then crashing in my comfy bed ;) It was a busy day but it was worth it!

Today Carl and I had the oppurtunity to visit with another one of my best friends who was also in town for the weekend. Traci and Matt! We went and had lunch with them at Jason's Deli and got to catch up on all the excitement that is going on in their lives right now! They are engaged and I couldn't be more happy for two people. I love them both so much!!

So all in all it was a weekend full of family and friends which is always great!! We are so thankful to be blessed in so many ways.

Finally I have posted some preggo pics. I never think to take pictures when I am actually dressed up so here are some "reality" pics ;) Hope everyone has a great and joy filled week!!


week 16


week 14

Blessings,

Traci & Baby Schinde

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...