Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tripp Ryder Schindewolf


Tripp Ryder Schindewolf has arrived! He was born Thursday March 4th at 7:38pm. He was 20 1/2 inches long and weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. He caught us by surprise only weighing in at 7 lbs since he had been measuring well above size! Above all he is a precious healthy little gift from God!

Carl and I had quite an adventure. We arrived at the hospital on Wednesday night to begin an IV and some cervical meds so that the induction could be started early the next morning. I had some small contractions all through the night. On Thursday morning they started the induction and boy did the contractions start! We were in labor for 12 hours when I was checked again and was told we were still in the early stages of labor! My doctor decided it would be best to do a c-section. We were a little skeptical at first but we prayed about it and felt like it was probably the way to go. So after 12 hours of labor, within 30 minutes of deciding to do a c-section Tripp was born! Dr. Jackson later told me that Tripp was positioned awkardly inside that he would have had to end up doing a c-section in the end anyways! So guess things worked out the way they were supposed to.

We were in the hospital until Sunday afternoon. We had so many visitors and we loved it! Tripp was happy to meet all his new family and friends:) We came home sunday and were glad to be home! Tripp settled in right away with a good nap! My mom had lunch and dinner made for us and was excited to welcome her new grandson home. We had a few visitors on sunday as well and as soon as they all left reality hit! It was the first of many sleepless nights;) My wonderful mom has stayed with us the past three nights to help us out. It has been such a blessing. Since I had the c-section it is harder to get around so carl and mom have been on baby duty! Things get better everyday!

Today Tripp is 1 week old! Can't believe he has already been here for a whole week! Carl and I have been loving every minute with our precious little boy. Tripp just loves his daddy! We have been having a little trouble at night, apparently Tripp has his nights and days mixed up! We are working on getting that changed, but boy is it hard to wake up this little boy! We are so blessed to have such great family and friends, they have been so helpful to me in recovering from my c-section and taking care of my precious boy. Especially my grandma who has been over everyday while carl is at work.
I'm glad I have finally had a chance to update the blog. Here are some pictures of our little dumpling!




Aunt Mo and Tripp


Three generations of Schindewolf's

First Car ride

I will update again soon...promise! Now it's time to go and nurse this hungry little boy! I will post many more pictures very soon!! Thanks for checking in and thanks for all the sweet messages and wishes!! Hope everyone has a blessed and restful weekend!

Blessings,

Traci, Carl & Tripp

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! He's beautiful! I'll be praying for you and your healing.

    ReplyDelete

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...