Sunday, December 20, 2009

28 Weeks and Kicking off the Holidays!


Tripp and I: Week 28



Week 28 is upon us! And boy what a week we've had! Baby Tripp is getting bigger by the minute as evident by the size of my ever expanding belly! Here is a little info on what our little slugger is up to this week in his development:



Your baby has doubled his weight in the past month and is the size of a bag of flour. He now weighs almost 2 1/2 pounds. His total length is nearly fifteen inches. Your baby's lungs are now capable of breathing air! This is big news. It means if the baby is born from now on, he'll be able to survive with less medical intervention. Your baby's main job right now is to put the finishing touches on major organ systems, such as his brain, lungs, and liver. As you can probably tell, he's also working on gaining layers of fat. His body fat is about 2 to 3 percent. Your baby's eyes, which were covered by his eyelid folds at the sixth week of development, are capable of opening this week. His sucking and swallowing skills are improving.



So many things going on in there besides all the kicking and squirming I've been feeling;) Tripp is a very active little baby. He loves to move his head and feet at the same time, i know this because i can feel him on both sides of my belly at the same time! He also loves to hear Carl's voice. Whenever Carl is talking that little boy gets to moving again. I think he might be a daddy's guy;) Carl and I have been enjoying feeling and watching him move. We really can't wait to meet him, at least our next ultrasound is coming up soon so we will at least be able to see him soon!



This past week/weekend have been busy and full of fun parties and Christmas festivities! Last week Carl and I attended a skeet shooting dinner party with his work. Although not an avid shooter, Carl did a great job on his shoot! His boss even tried to convince me that carl needed a new shotgun! We had some yummy buffalo steaks and crawfish sausage, Tripp and I really enjoyed that part;) It was a fun time! On Friday I went out to Baytown to help my sister with Blake's kindergarten christmas party at school. It was so cute and super fun! Such a great way to start off the Christmas week! Saturday we continued on the party kick by attending our nephew blake's 6th birthday party. We got to eat lots of yummy pizza and cookie cake and socialize with family and friends. They even had the "mad scientist" come, which all of the kids seemed to enjoy! I just can't believe Blake is already 6! Time sure does fly. Saturday night we all headed over to Dad and Ginger's for Christmas dinner and gift exchange. My poor dad has to have surgery on wednesday and will be in the hospital over Christmas so we had our celebrations early. We had a really yummy dinner and made from scratch italian cream cake for dessert! It was delicious. We all had a great time and dad and ginger got us all some great gifts! They got me a gift certificate to a spa for a prenatal massage and a spa manicure and pedicure! So basically a day of being pampered...which this tired preggo definitely needs! Carl got a new tool and an american express gift card....which I'm going to have to force him to spend on himself! My sisters and I also got some snuggies! We have always made fun of them but they are actually warm and cozy...I am sitting in my pink snuggie right now! Needless to say it was a fun weekend! And we still have a week full of fun family activities and get togethers! I had better get some rest;)



As usual I snapped tons of pictures and have posted some for all to enjoy! So take a look:







The Birthday boy!



The Scientist's helper!


YaYa and Jake

Blake and some precious friends!



Carl and Blake trying out our snuggies!



Blake dancing for us all!!





Opening his "big present"



Jake and his mama...so sweet!



Dad and us girls (minus tiff who was at work)



All the guys (minus Tripp;))



Kelly and her boys;)


Carl, Tripp and I


So Cute!




Unwrapping presents!


More presents!







The dresser/changing table


Well I hope everyone had a great weekend and more importantly has a blessed Christmas week! We want to thank you all for being a part of our lives. We love you all! Merry Christmas to all!! We will have lots to update on soon! Thanks for catching up with us this week!


Many Blessings,

Traci & Tripp
















No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...