Sunday, December 6, 2009

26 weeks and counting...

Tripp and I at the start of 26 weeks
Wow, in our 6th month and at 26 weeks already! Here is what our little guy is up to this week in his development:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Wow, so much going on in there, and believe me I can feel it! Tripp continues to be extremely active. He especially likes to make his presence known around 3 am every night! The other night he was moving so much that it looked like my belly was having a seizure! Even though it keeps me up I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I just love to feel him moving around. I think I am experiencing some of the "nesting phase". I just want Tripp's nursery to be ready! Even though Carl so kindly reminds me that he will not need it for a little while.;) Regardless, we just cant wait to meet him! Carl and I wonder who he will look like. It's so fun to think about!
Well this cold Christmas like weekend was very relaxing! It was a relaxing weekend that Carl and I both needed! On Friday we enjoyed the "snow storm" we had by spending time together in our toasty little home. Later in the day we went to the airport to pick up my mom, grandparents and cousin who had gone to Disney world for the week. My grandmother has always wanted to see Disney at Christmas time so my mom took them. She said they were like little kids! I'm so glad they got to go. After we picked them up they treated us to dinner at Pappasitos because that is what Tripp really wanted;) It was a fun night. On Saturday mom and I did some Christmas shopping while Carl finished up some outdoor Christmas decor on our house as well as Schindewolf Lane (which you should all come see and I will post some pics later). Saturday night Carl took me to see The Blindside, which was a really good movie! Today we went to church, had lunch together and have spent the rest of the day making Carl stay inside (he has been feeling a little under the weather and is very restless;)) while I worked on our Christmas cards. Tonight we are having our parents and Aunt Janelle over for dinner. I just love weekends like this! This will probably be the last restful weekend we will have until after the holidays...and then Tripp will be here! Guess we better enjoy the time while we can;)
Well thanks for reading our blog this week. We hope everyone has a blessed week! We will update again soon. Stay Warm!
Blessings,
Traci and Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...