Friday, December 7, 2012

Blessings

I have to admit I have been feeling sorry for myself lately. It has been a rough couple of months for us and I have let it knock me down a bit. When it rains, it pours. I hate admitting to my weaknesses but I also have to admit it so that I can "fix it". I've been so worried about my boys lately. Tripp is behind in his speech and tucker is behind in his mobility. They are complete opposites. Tripp was up walking or should I say running around before he was even one! But he wasn't talking very much at all. Tucker is a chatter box and has quite a few words in his vocabulary but is a lazy little guy with no desire to walk just yet! We have decided to get a speech therapist to work with Tripp a little bit. Although Tripp has been talking a lot more lately he is having a little trouble with articulation. My mom informed me that I had the same problem when I was little and now you would never know;) Carl also didn't even start talking until he was three, shocking I know...haha. So I know he is just fine, but as a mommy I can't help but wonder what I did wrong!! See, feeling sorry for myself!! And as far as tucker goes, I know he is just fine but just extremely laid back:) he stands supported and rolls all over the place! He is so smart and talks all the time! My doctor told me that he is fine and will develop all of these skills with time. I know that every baby is different and there is no right time for a baby to reach certain milestones. But again, as a mommy all I do is worry!!

So God had a way of opening my eyes and helping me realize how blessed I am to have two very healthy little boys. As I have been sitting here feeling sorry for myself and worrying I open up my Facebook and see two separate pages of friends of friends who are going through unimaginable situations with their babies. I read through two separate blogs written by two amazing mommies who are experiencing real pain and tragedy with their babies. I stop immediately and pray for these babies and their amazing families and thank God for his blessings in my life.

We have recently experienced tragedy in losing our Grammy and that has truly been the hardest thing I have ever gone through and am still going through, but I know she would sit here and tell me to stop worrying about her and take care of her boys:)

Today has just been one of those days but I really feel as if God used it to open my eyes to how blessed I really am. Thank you Lord for your blessings in my life and for the reminder to be thankful every.single.day. I love my husband and my boys more than I can express into words and am beyond thankful for them. I need to spend more time being thankful than worrying and feeling sorry for myself! But hey I'm human!! Sorry for this crazy post, it's just my way of venting and letting all see just how human I really am!

Although it had been a blah kind of day we did manage to have some fun with my nephew jake who hung out with us last night and a little bit this morning! Tripp had a blast with jake and as a result is taking a good nap as I type:) I will end this post with a few fun pics of the boys:)

Please remember to thank God everyday for the blessings in your life. It's easy to concentrate on the negatives but I am going to try hard to focus on the positives, which by far outweigh the negatives in my life!!











Thanks for stopping by.

Love and blessings,
Traci

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I think your worries are part of the Mom gene. Connor is only 5 1/2 weeks old and I already question what I should be doing to make sure he is developing the right way. But I know that my little guy is heathy and happy. He is doing so good and with God's watchful eyes, I know that I am going to raise a wonderful man. And Tripp and Tucker will grow and flourish in the best of ways.

    ReplyDelete

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...