Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You know you're a mom when...

The moment I became a mom my life was forever changed. I had never known the true meaning of love until I held my son in my arms for the first time. My heart only became more full when I held my second son in my arms. I don't live my life for me anymore, I live my life for them. Being a mother is the greatest blessing! Even through all the hard time, fits, sleepless nights and everything else I wouldn't change a thing! Now that I am a mother of 2 under the age of 2 I have been super busy and have realized a few things about being a mommy, thus the title of this post:)

You know you're a mom when....

Going to the bathroom becomes a public affair...door open and everybody in with you.

Taking a shower is a luxury and usually a public affair as well

Going to Walmart by yourself is a treat and makes you so excited!

Coffee is not an option...its mandatory and you wonder how you ever survived without it.

When shopping you find yourself in the children's department instead of women's.

You find yourself singing the "hotdog song" even when your children aren't around.

You have seen cars and toy story more times than you can count.

Your heart stops every time your child gets hurt and it hurts you more.

You learn how to shop like a super market sweeper;)

Naptime is essential for babies AND mom.

You can change a diaper in a matter of seconds with your eyes closed:)

You can hold a crying baby, make a bottle, cut up a toddlers lunch, talk on the phone, pick things off the floor and plan a dinner all at the same time!

Most of all your heart is full of love and joy and you can't remember a life before your children.

I love being a mommy even when things are crazy...which is about all day at our house;)

Hope all have a great day!

Love and blessings,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...