Friday, December 2, 2011

Updates

These past two weeks have been quite an adjustment for our little family. Since I had a C-section I wasn't able to lift tripp for the first two weeks. So we have had help over everyday. My mom would come every morning before carl left for work, then either my grandmother, aunt or sweet mother in law would come over after that and stay until carl got home. I can't thank them all enough, we are so blessed to have each of you in our lives. Today I went for my 2 week check up and got the "all clear" to lift tripp as needed. It made me feel so much better and I couldn't wait to get home and pick him up! My awesome mom took me to the doctor since I wasn't feeling great this morning while my wonderful in-laws watched both boys. Again, can't thank them enough! 

Our sweet little tucker is 2 weeks old today! we took him to the doctor yesterday for his newborn screening and a weight check. Well our little (or should I say big) boy has more than exceeded his birth weight (8lbs. 1 oz.). He now weighs 9 lbs.! When we brought him home last monday he weighed 7lbs. 12 oz. Its safe to say our little boy LOVES to eat! He usually eats every 2 hours and drinks anywhere from 3-4 ounces. It has been an adjustment getting up during the night again, but I think my body is getting used to it again. It has also been a challenge having 2 kiddos but we're getting there;) Today is my first day alone with both boys and so far, so good! It does help that my in-laws are literally a "stone throw" away!

Our precious tripp is now 21 months old and is too smart for his own good. He's getting used to having tucker around, now that he has realized he is here to stay;) He calls him "buh" for baby brother and loves to try and stick pacifiers and bottles in his mouth...needless to say we have to keep a close eye on him. Tripp is still not saying too many words but does have his own 'words" for certain things and makes lots of sounds. He is getting much closer. One word that he has learned to say is carl! It is hysterical. He hears me calling carl all the time and realized he comes a lot faster. So when he really wants his daddy he will skip the "dada" and yell "carl!" He also loves to make animal sounds and makes the silliest faces when he does. He is getting so big and growing up way too fast. I am trying to enjoy every exhausting minute with tucker during this baby stage because I know how fast it goes. My first baby is now a boy!

Below are some recent pictures of my precious boys! They are the light of my life!


2 weeks old

grammy and tucker in their hats

tripp loves the boppy!

helping mom decorate
the boys with their yaya

mr. tucker
kisses!

sweet boy

all ready for the doctor!

That's just a little update on what we have been up to. Carl and I are enjoying our precious boys so much! We feel so blessed. This holiday is going to be extra special!! We wish all a happy weekend and thanks for stopping by! Will try and update again soon!

Love and Blessings,
Traci and the boys;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...