Thursday, June 3, 2010

3 Months Old

tripp ryder: 3 months

WOW! We can't believe our little peanut is 3 months old already! Time sure does fly by. We have been loving every minute and thank god for our precious gift everyday!! Here are a few things tripp is up to these days:

  • on more of a routine (i.e. bedtime bath: 7:30pm bedtime bottle: 8-8:30pm then sleeping in big boy crib until about anywhere from 4-6am)
  • loves to splash in the bath (throws his arms and legs around and laughs)
  • wearing size 3 months and some 6 months
  • in size 2 diapers!
  • weighs over 15 lbs.
  • takes a morning nap and afternoon nap and sometimes a few others
  • talks and laughs ALOT especially in the morning
  • wakes up and doesn't cry...just looks around and smiles until we go get him
  • moves alot in his crib...starts out at top of crib then by morning he is all the way at the bottom!
  • can flip over on his side
  • loves outside and especially loves his swing outside...almost always puts him to sleep (we even put a fan out there)
  • is a little sweater! (is always hot! carl even had to hang a little fan in the car above his carseat to keep him cool)
  • doesn't like car rides anymore:(
  • loves to ride around in his papoose thingy (baby bjorn) as long as he is facing out!
  • only likes his mama to put him to sleep at night (love this! told carl one day he will only want to be with his dad...so I have to enjoy this time;))
  • really enjoys watching tv...especially handy manny on disney channel (he laughs and kicks his legs whenever they sing the song)
  • went swimming for the first time at lance's house and loved it!

As you can see our little man has been quite a busy little fellow! he continues to amaze us each and everyday. I love being tripp's mom so much, it's the best job I've ever and will ever have!! I received an email that pretty much sums up how I feel:

Before I was a mom:
I had never been puked on.
pooped on.
chewed on.
peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and thoughts at all times.
I slept all night.
I never held down a screaming child so the doctor could give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got so happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew I could love someone so much.
I never knew how much I would love being a mom!
I had never gotten up every ten minutes in the middle of the night to make sure everything was alright.
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and so happy.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment,
or the satisfaction of being a mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a mom.

I just thought this was such a sweet message! Hope you other moms enjoy it too!

Tripp and I have a fun weekend ahead of us! We will be bunking with yaya and aunt rat for the weekend while carl is in austin for lance's bachelor party. We will miss carl but we will have fun with the girls! Below are some pictures of my little butter bean! Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them! :)

not so happy about mommy's photo taking



such a cutie pie




tripp 3 months old





loves to play!






"i figured out how to hit and grab my toys"
Thanks for stopping by! We will update again real soon!! Have a safe and blessed weekend!

Blessing,
Traci & Tripp







2 comments:

  1. Your email you got sent made my tear up. Haha. I think I might still have some hormones left over. Haha! I must say there aren't enough words to explain what it feels like to be a mom. It is an experience that is a true blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy "Birthday" Tripper! Your poem was sweet - believe it or not the feeling never leaves you and comes back very strongly with your grandbabies. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...