Sunday, November 15, 2009

23 weeks and a weekend full of birthdays!


Tripp and I at week 23


Here we are at week 23! Baby Tripp is growing and moving like crazy!! Carl and I have even seen his not so subtle movements on the outside of my tummy. It is so much fun to watch and feel!! He is definitely trying to get our attention ;) Here is what Tripp is up to this week:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when she hears them outside the womb.


Well that explains alot! Tripp loves to jam with me in the car;) I can feel him dancing as we sing along and dance to the music! He's going to be just like his daddy...haha, yea right;)


This past week has been jam packed with exciting events! First of all my dad's birthday was on Thursday followed by my baby nephew jake's birthday on Saturday in which he turned 1! I can't believe he is 1 already. It seems like he was just born yesterday. It makes me conscious of just how fast time flies! We celebrated Jake's birthday on saturday by mom treating us all to a movie (The Christmas Carol) followed by a yummy lunch at fudruckers and dessert at RJ Goodies! We had a great time and are looking forward to Jake's birthday party next weekend. Carl's brother and his wife also had their baby girl on thursday morning. So it really was a week full of birthdays. Today Carl, mom and I went to church and enjoyed a hilarious sermon on "what women want", it was so realistic! Afterwards Carl went over to our friend Lance's house to help him fix a greenhouse and mom and I went and did what we do best...shop and have lunch;) I stopped by lance's to see the boys hard at work and our friend Layne stopped by as well. It was so great getting together with old friends! I just love those boys!


It's hard to believe but Carl and I will celebrate our 2 year anniversary on Tuesday. These 2 wonderful years have flown by. I am so blessed to have Carl in my life. He is a great husband and is going to be a wonderful father! I can't wait to see him with Tripp!! We are truly blessed! Carl surprised me with tickets to see Dwight Yoakam next weekend for our anniversary. So we will spend Tuesday watching Lance coach his basketball team!


Ok, guess I've gone on long enough...carl just asked me if I was writing an essay! Thanks for following our blog this week! We hope everyone has a blessed week!! We will update again soon. I've ended with posting some pics from Saturday...enjoy!






Jake, the birthday boy







Blake Jr., Tripp and me



YaYa, Blake Jr. and Tiffany



Kelly and her boys


Blessings,


Traci & Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...