Friday, April 4, 2014

April 3rd

Yesterday was a bittersweet day for several reasons. First of all it was Grammy's birthday, her second since she has been gone. This day is never easy. It's a reminder that she is no longer with us. However, we have started a tradition of having spaghetti (her "go to meal" as don calls it) and cake and going to visit her at the cemetery. So all day the boys and I talked about the day and going to visit grammy's grave. They even colored her some pictures. When we got to the cemetery, without cue Tripp started singing happy birthday to Grammy. I had to fight back my tears. At that moment we all joined it. It was so sweet and precious and I know she was smiling down on us at that moment.

Yesterday was also my sister and brother in law's 10th anniversary! So tucker and I bought them some champagne and a card after we dropped Tripp off at school! It was nice having something happy to celebrate too:)

Yesterday was also tripp's 4 year well check. He has been 4 for a month now but I totally dropped the ball on scheduling his appointment. I'm always so on top of these things, but have been so distracted with Tucker's medical appointments that it totally slipped my mind! Guess I won't be winning mom of the year;) anyways it was a great check up, despite the 4 shots!! Tripp handled it like a champ and all the sweet office ladies had candy and stickers waiting for him when he was done:) he is nice and healthy and is in the 95th percentile for height AND weight! The doc also commented on how muscular our little guy is:) love my big boy!!

So we had a busy day yesterday full of lots of emotions. I miss Susan so much but have to remember God has a bigger plan and I need to have faith in that:) I know that she is our guardian angel and is always with us, that gives me comfort:)

Hope all are having a great day! Thanks again for stopping by!







This kid was loving flipping some tires daddy had!






Did great with the bunny!!



Hanging outside with my boys!



Ready for the pool!












Love you Grammy!!!

Love and blessings,
Traci

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...