Sunday, October 11, 2009

18 weeks pregnant


Baby's now the size of a sweet potato! Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

I have officially begun to feel baby schinde move! It is the most amazing feeling. I only wish Carl could feel and understand how truly amazing it is! Last night baby schinde decided to have a dance party in the womb. He/she was moving all around for about 30 minutes all while I was trying to sleep of course! But I didn't mind :) This baby is going to be just like their daddy, not liking to be still and restless!!

Mom (yaya) actually got lucky this week and was able to hear baby schinde's heartbeat with me. I went to mom's pre-op appointment with our doc and he of course let us take a listen to the heartbeat. I wasn't expecting to do so, so it was a nice surprise. The heartbeat is strong and such a miracle!

I have been loving the cool weather! Except when I went to put on one of my sweaters and realized it didn't quite fit as good around my tummy ;) That's ok I guess...at least we know baby schinde is growing and healthy! Speaking of, I have been feeling so much bettter lately. I have been getting back into my workout routine, modified a bit of course, and it feels so good! The second trimester truly is proving to be a fun time!

This weekend was nice. Not too busy, just right ;) Carl and I had a nice date night in on friday night, which was really nice! My sister, brother-in-law and nephews came into town on Saturday. They went to have a much needed date day while mom and I watched the boys. Mom took blake to the movies so carl and I were on jake duty. We had so much fun and got some good practice with a 10 month old! Carl even took jake for a ride on the lawn mower, which he loved! Saturday night mom took us all to dinner at texas roadhouse, which baby schinde enjoyed very much! It was great to get together with the fam! Today Carl and I faced the rain and the "cold" went to church and then had lunch together. I even talked carl into grocery shopping with me, he just loves shopping ;) Adam, Jessica and Joshua stopped by and then we all went to visit carl's parents for a bit. Now we are relaxing and enjoying a lazy day in...or at least baby schinde and I are ;) I have posted a few pics from the weekend, hope you all enjoy!


Brother in-law and nephews

Uncle Carl and Jake on the lawn mower

We also are very excited for two really good friends, Lance and Michelle who got engaged this past weekend. Congratulations! We love you both and can't wait!

In closing I just want to remind everyone to have faith and know that no matter what obstacles get in your way, God loves and has a plan for everyone!

Hope you all have a blessed week and be sure to keep an eye on our blog....we will be finding out if we will be needing blue or pink paint in about a week!

Blessings,
Traci and Baby Schinde

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a yes!

It's a yes!
how it all began...